Our vision is to serve whenever and wherever we are needed with compassion, quiet enthusiasm and friendly smiles.
Why Volunteer at Saddleback Memorial?
For over 40 years, Saddleback Memorial has provided exceptional care for more than 800,000 community residents in Orange County. As one of the nation’s best hospitals with recognitions as America’s 50 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades, Best of Orange County by the OC Register, and Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report, we are making a difference in our community and our volunteers continue to be part of that difference. Volunteers offer their time and expertise allowing key patient services to be available 365 days a year.
Support Your Community
There is no better way to support your community than to volunteer. Our volunteer program provides a great opportunity to provide community service, support your local hospital, experience the hospital work environment, and gain insight into health care careers. Volunteers provide service by:
• Directing visitors
• Assisting in the gift shop and information desks
• Providing escort and messenger services
• Delivering x-rays and lab specimens
• Assisting nursing units
• Discharging patients
• Providing wheelchair assistance
• Taking part in fundraising events
Share Your Talents
Our volunteers have many talents and come from all walks of life, including high school students, stay-at-home moms, former patients, retired professionals, and those transitioning into the health care industry.
Benefits of Volunteering
It’s Good for Everyone
According to a study done by the Corporation for National Community Service (CNCS), volunteering leads to lower mortality rates, greater functional ability and lower rates of depression than those who do not volunteer. The study also indicates that volunteers who devote at least 100 hours per year, generally have better health outcomes.
Transforming Your Life
Volunteering provides an opportunity to discover your hidden talents, develop relationships, and give back in one of the most rewarding ways. When volunteers share the gift of time and service, they learn new skills, strengthen communities, improve lives, earn a sense of pride, satisfaction, and accomplishment while transforming their own lives.
How to Become a Volunteer
Volunteering at Saddleback Memorial is a rewarding experience and becoming a volunteer is easy. All volunteers at Saddleback Memorial must meet the following requirements:
• Must be 16 years of age or older
• If 18 years of age or older, must pass a background check and have a valid social security number
• Be willing and ready to commit to 150-200 hours per year
• Completion and submission of our online application
If Accepted As a Saddleback Memorial Volunteer, You Will Be Required To:
• Attend a Volunteer Services Orientation
• Complete a TB test (administered without charge by Saddleback Memorial Employee Health Nurse) and mandatory seasonal flu vaccine
• Purchase a Saddleback Memorial Volunteer uniform jacket ($25.00)
• Pay annual nominal dues supporting the Saddleback Memorial Volunteer Fund
• Abide by all patient confidentiality guidelines, customer service expectations, departmental and hospital policies
• Complete and show competence in your service area training(s) as related to your duties
• Commit to volunteering 150-200 hours per year
Connect with Saddleback Memorial on Social Media
Want to learn about the latest events, news, and happenings at Saddleback Memorial? Join us on social media. Like us on Facebook and follow Saddleback Memorial on Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Supporting Saddleback Memorial
Saddleback Memorial Foundation is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization that raises funds exclusively for Saddleback Memorial Medical Center, a community-based, not-for-profit hospital in Laguna Hills and San Clemente, California. Tax ID #33-0011887