Together We Can Make a Difference
Many of the day-to-day activities you see when you visit Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills are performed by volunteers. These dedicated people offer their time and expertise so key patient services are available 365 days a year.
Pride, fulfillment, friendship and knowledge are only a few of the personal rewards that can be discovered as a volunteer at Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. The caring and generous members of the Volunteer Services Department are a vital part of our patient care team. Their dedicated service has a profound and positive effect on many areas of the hospital.
Over 500 volunteers assist the staff at Saddleback Memorial in areas such as:
- Escort & Messenger
- Information Desk
- Nursing Units
How to Become a Volunteer
To join our team; review the volunteer opportunities, and complete the online volunteer application.
Upon review and acceptance of your application, you will be notified by email of the next step in the process of becoming a SMMC volunteer.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Volunteers must donate a minimum of 100 hours usually done in one 4 hour shift per week.
- Volunteers must abide by all patient confidentiality guidelines, customer service expectations, departmental and hospital policies.
Pre- Screening Process
- Volunteers must complete an on-line application.
- If selected, (based on many reasons) you will be invited to an Orientation.
- Background check is required if you are over 18 years of age (Must have a Social Security number to be processed).
- Two TB tests (administered without charge by the Saddleback Memorial Employee Health Nurse).
- Health Clearance Letter from your Doctor (Form will be provided at the orientation).
If accepted as a Saddleback Memorial Medical Center Volunteer, you will be asked to:
- Purchase a volunteer uniform at a cost of $25.00 and pay membership of - $6.00 annually.
- Complete and show competence in your service area training(s) as related to your duties.