Make a Difference and Become Part of our Dedicated Team
Volunteers are a vital part of Long Beach Memorial care teams, providing compassionate services and support to our patients, families, and staff. Our generous volunteers offer their time, effort, and talents in a variety of assignments that supplement the professional staff, enabling us to provide the best services and care to our patients and families. We have over 600 volunteers throughout our hospital, assisting as guest greeters, escorts, messengers, cuddlers, etc.
We are always looking for new volunteers, who are enthusiastic, qualified and committed individuals that can uphold our MemorialCare values of Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion, and Synergy. If you desire to make a difference, to touch a life, or to learn while helping others, Volunteer Services at Long Beach Memorial can help find the right place for you.
Become a Volunteer by
- Reviewing Volunteer Requirements
- Reviewing Volunteer Opportunities
- Completing an On-line Application
Upon review of your application, the Volunteer Office will contact you to schedule an interview to meet and determine which of our volunteer vacancies you are best suited for.
Teen Volunteers Requirements
- Must be 15-17 years old
- Have a GPA score of 3.0 or higher
- Complete a TB test (Administered at no charge by LBM/MCHLB Employee Health Nurse)
- Attend a Volunteer orientation
PLEASE NOTE: Our Teen Volunteer high school program is now closed. We have reached our maximum amount of sign ups for this year. Please check back with us next April to register for our Summer Program in 2016.
*Limited space is available.
Please call (562) 933-1624 if you have any questions.
Adult Volunteer Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to commit to 9 months or 150 hours of volunteering.
- Volunteers must abide by all patient confidentiality guidelines, customer service expectations, departmental and hospital policies.
Application/Screening Process For Adults
- Volunteers must complete an on-line application.
- Upon review of application, selected applicants will be invited to participate in an interview.
- If assignment is mutually agreed upon, you will need to complete the following:
- Background check (Required if you are 18 or over. Must have a Social Security number to be processed)
- Two (2) TB tests (Administered without charge by LBM/MCHLB Employee Health Nurse)
- Influenza Vaccination is Required during Peak Flu Season (Administered without charge by LBM/MCHLB Employee Health Nurse)
After completing above mentioned process, you will be asked to:
- Attend Volunteer Services Orientation (offered twice monthly)
- Purchase a volunteer uniform at a cost of $23.00.
- Complete and show competence in your service area training(s) as related to your duties.