- Center for Women’s Cardiac Health & Research
- Cardiac Receiving Center at Long Beach Memorial
- Cardiac Rehabilitation at Long Beach Memorial
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Clinic
- Surgical Center at MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute
Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction) is a Medical Emergency
If you think you may be experiencing a heart attack, call 9-1-1 immediately so that treatment can start as soon as possible. Do not drive yourself or wait for a ride from a friend or family member. Have an ambulance take you to a hospital that is a cardiac receiving center right away.
Nearest Designated Cardiac Receiving Center
MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute at Long Beach Memorial
The MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute at Long Beach Memorial is one of California's most comprehensive centers for diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of cardiovascular disease. We provide advanced, world-class care for complex heart conditions including myocardial infarction, heart failure, arrhythmias and peripheral vascular disease.
Leading the Way
- Nationally recognized team of preeminent cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons that perform more than 15,000 diagnostic and over 4,000 invasive and surgical procedures each year and are recognized on the Southern California's Top Doctor List.
- One of a few hospitals offering the revolutionary minimally invasive Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) procedure, which allows treatment for patients once considered “inoperable.”
- MHVI's new Hybrid Imaging Suite features highly advanced imaging technology, which combines the diagnostics and capabilities of a catheterization laboratory with the surgical functions of an operating room.
- One of only three hospitals in California with a 320 Slice CT Scanner which provides superior high-quality imaging of the cardiovascular system to aid in early and accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- One of the few Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiac Surgery Programs in Southern California including a multi-disciplinary team of cardiologists, surgeons, advanced practice nurses, pharmacists and critical care nurses.
- Physicians who are experts in the repair and replacement of deteriorating heart valves, work to determine the best treatment option and reverse the effects of patients’ aging valves with state-of-the-art technology.
- Nearly 20 years ago, the MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute performed its first lead extraction operation to remove damaged or infected pacemaker leads from the heart. Long Beach Memorial continues to pioneer the practice of lead extraction while the care team closes in on their 1,000th extraction.
- Advanced practice nurses including clinical nurse specialists (CNS) and acute care nurse practitioners (ACNP) who navigate each cardiac subspecialty, giving patients coordinated patient care from pre to post surgery.
- A leading academic and research institute affiliated with the University of California, Irvine Medical Center, including clinical trials sponsored by the National Institutes of Health and cardiac fellows who augment the patient care experience by supporting the physicians. In a partnership with California State University, Long Beach and Long Beach City College, MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute nurses help train and educate nursing students.