Treatments Offered At
- Surgical Care at Long Beach Memorial
- Surgical Care at Orange Coast Memorial
- Surgical Care at Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills
The robotic surgical system uses robotic computer technology providing breakthrough minimally invasive surgical capabilities that offer many benefits.
How Robotic-Assisted Surgeries are Performed
Through robotic-assisted visualization, dexterity, precision and control, a surgeon can perform a wide array of procedures through small 1–2 cm incisions. During an operation, the surgeon sits at a console in the surgical suite and directs the robotic arms to perform the surgery. The robot seamlessly and directly translates the surgeon’s natural hand, wrist and finger movements from controls at the console to the surgical instruments inside the patient.
Enabling Surgeons with
- Greater range of motion and precision than with hand-manipulated, minimally invasive procedures.
- A magnified, high definition three-dimensional view when operating.
- Instruments that become an extension of the surgeon’s wrists, hands and fingers to move the tiny surgical instruments in a delicate, precise manner.
Minimally Invasive Surgeries Performed
- Adrenalectomy – a procedure for removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands.
- Cystectomy – a procedure for bladder cancer.
- Hysterectomy – a gynecological procedure for cervical, ovarian and uterine cancer.
- Kidney Surgery – a procedure for kidney cancer.
- Prostatectomy – a procedure for prostate cancer.
- Throat Cancer Surgery - Throat cancer occurs in the larynx and pharynx, which includes the base of the tongue and tonsils. Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) is routinely used to treat throat cancer by operating through the mouth – avoiding a large incision through the jaw and throat.
Benefits of Robotic Surgery
- Less post-operative pain.
- Reduced trauma to the body.
- Less scarring.
- Shorter hospital stays.
- Reduced blood loss and need for transfusions.
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities.