Diagnostic Offered At
- Imaging Center at Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills
- Imaging Center at Saddleback Memorial - San Clemente
- MemorialCare Imaging Center - Huntington Beach
- MemorialCare Imaging Center - Newport Beach
Open MRI uses the same technology as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy to provide pictures of organs and structures inside the body. Open MRI provides information that, in many cases, cannot be obtained from an X–ray, ultrasound or CT scan.
Open MRI vs MRI
Open MRI units are more spacious than MRI machines, as they are open on all sides. The open units allow you to simply lie directly under the imaging scanner without moving through a tunnel. Open MRI is ideal for those who do not like to be enclosed in small spaces.
Types of Open MRI
Different types of open MRI are offered at specific imaging center locations, some include:
- Brain, Sinus, Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ), Internal Auditory Canal (IAC), Orbits.
- Spine studies.
- Shoulders, Knees and all extremities.
- Abdominal area.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRA) or Magnetic Resonance Venography (MRV) of the Brain and Neck.