Treatments Offered At
- Cancer Care at Long Beach Memorial
- Rehabilitation Services at Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills
- Rehabilitation Services at Orange Coast Memorial
Lymphedema rehabilitation focuses on teaching patients how to effectively manage lymphedema or secondary lymphedema on an independent basis through intensive one-on-one training. Individual sessions can last 60 to 120 minutes per day, depending on the severity of the condition. Licensed physical therapists are certificated in Complete Decongestion Therapy (CDT), a clinically proven therapy for lymphedema. Therapeutic treatments are individually tailored to the unique needs of the patient.
Therapeutic Treatments May Include
- Slow, light, directional stretching of the skin known as manual lymph drainage.
- Low-stretch compression bandaging that prevents re-accumulation of lymphatic fluid and compression garments.
- Skin care.
- Patient education.