This Diagnostic is Offered At
- Heart & Vascular Care at Long Beach Memorial
- Heart & Vascular Care at Community Hospital Long Beach
- Heart & Vascular Care at Orange Coast Memorial
- Heart & Vascular Care at Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills
- Heart & Vascular Care at Saddleback Memorial - San Clemente
Holter monitoring—also known as ambulatory electrocardiography (EKG)—is a battery-operated, portable device that measures and records the heart’s electrical activity. The holter moniotor is worn during daily activities, including when you sleep. It allows the heart's electrical activity to be recorded longer than an electrocardiography (EKG) test. Holter monitoring can be conducted continuously for 24 to 48 hours. Holter monitoring may be performed to help diagnose abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) or silent myocardial ischemia (a condition where the heart is not receiving enough oxygen-rich blood).
No physicians listed at this time.