Treatments Offered At
- Surgical Care at Long Beach Memorial
- Surgical Care at Orange Coast Memorial
- Surgical Care at Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills
The da Vinci® Si Surgical System (da Vinci) uses robotic computer technology providing breakthrough minimally invasive surgical capabilities that offer greater surgical benefits.
How Surgeries are Performed with a Surgical Robot
Through robotic-assisted visualization, dexterity, precision and control, a surgeon can perform a wide array of procedures through small 1–2 cm incisions. During an operation, the surgeon sits at a console in the surgical suite and monitors the video screens to direct the robotic arms to perform the surgery. The da Vinci seamlessly and directly translates the surgeon’s natural hand, wrist and finger movements from controls at the console to the surgical instruments inside the patient.
Enabling Surgeons with
- Greater range of motion and precision than with hand-manipulated, minimally invasive procedures.
- A magnified, high definition three-dimensional view when operating.
- Instruments that become an extension of the doctor’s wrists, hands and fingers to move the tiny surgical instruments in a delicate, precise manner.
Minimally Invasive Surgeries Performed
- Adrenalectomy – a procedure for removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands.
- Cystectomy – a procedure for bladder cancer.
- Hysterectomy – a gynecological procedure for cervical, ovarian and uterine cancer.
- Kidney Surgery – a procedure for kidney cancer.
- Prostatectomy – a procedure for prostate cancer.
- Throat Cancer Surgery - Throat cancer occurs in the larynx and pharynx, which includes the base of the tongue and tonsils. da Vinci Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) is routinely used to treat throat cancer by operating through your mouth – avoiding a large incision through the jaw and throat.
Benefits of Robotic Surgery
- Less post-operative pain.
- Reduced trauma to the body.
- Less scarring.
- Shorter hospital stays.
- Reduced blood loss and need for transfusions.
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities.
- Bladder Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Gynecologic Cancer
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Uterine Cancer