Diagnostic Offered At
- Imaging & Radiology at Long Beach Memorial
- Imaging & Radiology at Community Hospital Long Beach
- Imaging & Radiology at Orange Coast Memorial
- Imaging & Radiology at Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills
- Imaging & Radiology at Saddleback Memorial - San Clemente
A chest X-ray is a black and white image of the chest area which shows the heart, lungs and bones of the rib cage. The chest X-ray does not show the inside of the heart, but does show its size, shape and location.
Having a chest X-ray is a painless procedure. A technologist will position X-ray film next to your chest while an X-ray machine sends small beams of X-rays that pass through the chest to create the image on the film. Images may be taken at various angles.