This Diagnostic is Offered At
- Imaging Center at Long Beach Memorial
- Imaging Center at Community Hospital Long Beach
- Imaging Center at Orange Coast Memorial
- Imaging Center at Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills
- Imaging Center at Saddleback Memorial - San Clemente
A chest X-ray is a black and white image of the chest area which shows the heart, lungs and bones of the rib cage. The chest X-ray does not show the inside of the heart, but does show it's size, shape and location.
Having a chest X-ray is a painless procedure. A technologist will position X-ray film next to your chest while an X-ray machine sends small beams of X-rays that pass through the chest to create the image on the film. X-rays may be taken at various angles.