Diagnostic Offered At
- Heart & Vascular Care at Long Beach Memorial
- Heart & Vascular Care at Community Hospital Long Beach
- Heart & Vascular Care at Orange Coast Memorial
- Heart & Vascular Care at Saddleback Memorial
- Imaging & Radiology at Long Beach Memorial
- Imaging & Radiology at Community Hospital Long Beach
- Imaging & Radiology at Orange Coast Memorial
- Imaging & Radiology at Saddleback Memorial
Computed tomography (CT scan) technology uses X–rays and complex computers to create cross–sectional "slice" images of the body. Each image provides detailed internal views of the body at the specific location or slice, including the heart and blood vessels. Advanced multi–slice computed tomography technology delivers thinner slices, swifter scanning, unprecedented image clarity and the latest in exam capability.
During the exam, you will lie on a bed while the scanner moves in a circular motion around the body to capture images of your heart. CT scans are common tests for heart conditions and may show early signs of coronary artery disease (CAD).