- Cancer Care at Long Beach Memorial
- Cancer Care at Orange Coast Memorial
- Cancer Care at Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills
- Rehabilitation & Physical Therapy at Orange Coast Memorial
- Surgical Care at Long Beach Memorial
- Surgical Care at Orange Coast Memorial
- Surgical Care at Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills
Most bone cancers are caused by advanced breast, prostate or lung cancers spreading to the bone. Primary bone cancer, which forms in bone cells, is rare and occurs more often in children.
Common types of primary bone cancer:
- Ewing Tumors
Bone cancer symptoms may include:
- Bone fractures or weakness
- Swelling and tenderness of joints
- Weight loss
If you or your child is experiencing any of these symptoms, consult a MemorialCare Physician partner.
The cause of primary bone cancer is unknown. Research suggests that exposure to radiation from high dose radiation therapy at a young age can increase your risk. Your genetic make-up could also be a cause as some bone cancers are hereditary.
Risk Factors & Prevention
You are at a greater risk for bone cancer if you:
- Are exposed to high dose radiation therapy at a young age.