The Neuro-Oncology Program is part of the prestigious MemorialCare Cancer Institute at Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. The program offers a unique approach to treating brain cancer and spine tumors, bringing together a dedicated team of extraordinary experts including neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, pathologists, medical and radiation oncologists, and support staff.
These experts are united in their mission to offer the very best treatment options that are specifically individualized to each patient. Access to care is convenient with all services provided in one location in the new Orange Coast Memorial Patient Care Pavilion. Here patients can move seamlessly between all levels of cancer care, from physician visits and chemotherapy to imaging and radiation—including treatment with the revolutionary CyberKnife, one of the only technologies of its kind in Orange County.
The Neuro-Oncology Program ensures patients don't fight cancer alone—they are supported by an entire team of experts.
Our Unique Approach to Care
The Neuro-Oncology Program at Orange Coast Memorial provides the most advanced and effective treatment along with compassionate, convenient care. To this end, we offer a unique approach that includes:
- A multidisciplinary team of specialists who work closely with the referring physician to coordinate a patient's treatment plan.
- A dedicated navigator who guides each patient through their care plan and course of treatment.
- A neuro-oncology tumor board that meets weekly to assess each case and determine the best treatment.
- Adherence to National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines which ensures evidence-based, best-practice approaches.
- Advanced imaging services and minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic surgical care for easier diagnosis and recovery.
- Access to brain cancer clinical trials to ensure patient care is on the forefront of treatment approaches.
- Community and physician education on causes, diagnosis and treatment of brain and spine cancers.
- An onsite American Cancer Society Information Center and wig bank.
- Neuro-oncology support groups and individual counseling available free of charge.