Saddleback Memorial Foundation hosted the 5th annual Corporate Golf Classic at the Mission Viejo Country Club on June 10. The tournament raised nearly $75,000 (net) to benefit the Designed for Healing enhancement project at Saddleback Memorial Medical Center (SMMC).
Approximately 116 physicians, corporate partners and other supporters of Saddleback Memorial enjoyed a challenging day of golf on the 18-hole course fondly dubbed “Mission Impossible.”
“Saddleback Memorial Medical Center is currently undergoing the first renovation of its kind since opening in 1974,” said Steve Geidt, chief executive officer of Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. “Patient rooms, family waiting areas and other public spaces have been enhanced to match the excellent clinical care our hospital is known for.”
“Thanks to the support of our corporate partners, physicians and donors throughout the community, we have been able to update our facility to reflect the quality care provided to our patients,” said Saddleback Memorial Foundation president Cecilia Belew. “We are grateful for the many people who support Saddleback Memorial and have provided us the means to create a soothing, healing place for patients and their loved ones.”
The fundraising event culminated in a cocktail reception with heavy hors d’oeuvres, an opportunity drawing and an awards ceremony.
The winning foursome representing Thompson Engineering was Joey Caucas, Ryan Tarr, Justin Wilcock, and Mike Wilcock. Laguna Hills City Manager Bruce Channing, Mickey Clarke, SMMC vice president of ancillary services Hugo Folli and SMMC CEO Steve Geidt came in second place. The third place team representing General Tool was Bruce Bunin, Keith Herbert, Kevin Ludas and Scott Seifert.
Michael Douglas, whose quadruplets were born at The Women’s Hospital at SMMC, won the putting contest, Larry McLane of the Hollencrest Capital Management foursome won the closest-to-the-pin contest, Justin Wilcock of the Thompson Engineering foursome won the longest drive and Paul Lopez of CARE Ambulance won for straightest drive.
This year’s sponsors included:
- Presenting Sponsor: Farmers & Merchants Bank and Farmers and Merchants Trust
- Lunch Sponsor: MemorialCare Medical Group
- Birdie Sponsors: Anthem Blue Cross, CEP America, EPIC Systems, Fiduciary Management, Inc., South Orange County Surgical Medical Group
- Beverage Cart Sponsors: CARE Ambulance, Monarch HealthCare
- Hole-in-One Sponsor: Fladeboe Automotive Group
- Printing Sponsor: NDM Communications
- Media Sponsor: Orange Coast Magazine
- Photography Sponsor: The LBL Group
- Par Sponsors: Auxilio, Inc., Beacon Pointe Advisors, Doctor’s Ambulance, General Tool, Lillibridge, O’Connor Mortuary, Pacific Ambulance, South Orange County Cardiology Group, South Coast Radiological Medical Group, Thompson Engineering
- Vodka Sponsor: Skyy Vodka
- Wine Sponsor: Saddleback Cellars Winery
- Water Sponsor: Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water
- Sponsor Gifts: TRISTAR Insurance Group
- Putting Contest: McKesson Provider Technologies
- Underwriters & Tee Sponsors: Alexander & Hibbs, AIA, Inc, Angelica, Pimco, PSB Integrated Marketing, Saratoga RIM, Signature Flooring, St. James Investment Company, Sysco, Universal Properties, Westfield Capital Management