Thank you for your interest in applying to the MemorialCare Medical Staff. Our Medical Staffs include those at:
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
- Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach
- Community Hospital Long Beach
- Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center
- Saddleback Memorial Medical Center Laguna Hills and San Clemente
MemorialCare is always looking for qualified, clinically experienced practitioners to join our medical staffs. We have developed a user-friendly online application to assist you in this process.
About MemorialCare Health System
An innovator in health care delivery, MemorialCare Health System is a nonprofit integrated delivery system that includes six top hospitals, MemorialCare Medical Group, Greater Newport Physicians IPA, Seaside Health Plan, numerous outpatient health centers, imaging centers and surgery centers throughout the Southland (Orange County and Los Angeles County). MemorialCare focuses on evidence-based, best practice medicine. Our physicians and other health care professionals study health care’s best practices and work to implement them at medical centers across MemorialCare. The results are outcomes that frequently exceed state and national averages.
Advanced Technology for Medical Staff
An advantage to MemorialCare medical centers is our pledge to move forward in technology and in our commitment to offer up-to-date information about our patients fast, efficiently and seamlessly. We made a $62 million investment to implement an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) powered by Epic in each of our medical centers. We are serious about taking patient care to a higher level as we transform the next generation of care. View Annual Report
What practitioners are eligible to apply for medical staff membership at a MemorialCare hospital?
Physicians, dentists, and podiatrists (and for Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center applicants only: clinical psychologists) who are:
- Licensed to practice in California;
- Board certified or who can document active involvement in the Board certification process (with the exception of Community Hospital Long Beach); and
- Covered by a professional liability insurance policy in the amounts required by the medical staff.
All Allied Health Professionals (AHPs - including Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, etc) interested in practicing at a MemorialCare Medical Center need to contact our Central Verification Office at (714) 377-3CVO (3286).
Medical Staff Application Process
The Medical Staff Application process includes:
- Completing an Application Request Form (link below)
- Once Application Request is reviewed you will receive an email with a link to complete the Initial Application online
- Credit Card Application Fee Payment
- Privilege Form Completion
- Training Modules
Please note: When requesting membership for more than one hospital you need only complete one application.
If you are interested in joining MemorialCare Medical Group or Greater Newport Physicians, please contact the MemorialCare Medical Foundation Contracting Department at (657) 241-3589.
Completing an Online Medical Staff Application
In order to complete the MemorialCare online medical staff application and/or receive medical staff membership, you will need to provide information related to the following items:
- Current licensure in California as a physician, dentist, or podiatrist (Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center only: clinical psychologist)
- Board Certification or evidence of active participation in the Board certification process
- National Provider Identification (NPI Number)
- DEA certification
- X-Ray/Fluoroscopy certification (if applicable to your specialty)
- Malpractice Insurance Certificate and names of any other insurance carriers during the last seven years
- Previous work experience
- Education and training
In addition, you will need to submit:
- All supporting forms, Background Check Release, Code of Behavior Acknowledgement, Confidentiality And Conflict Of Interest, Pharmacy Signature Sheet, Physician Acknowledgment Form, Epic EMR training, HIPAA test completion and evidence of current screening for tuberculosis.
- An application fee of $400.00 for primary facility membership and $100.00 for each additional facility.
- Our average processing time is 45 - 90 days following receipt of a completed application.