Learn more or schedule an appointment:
Register for a breastfeeding class:
Shop at our breastfeeding supply store:
About Lactation Consultants
A lactation consultant can help you with any breastfeeding issues. MemorialCare lactation consultants are registered nurses with advanced training in breastfeeding management and board certification.
What Lactation Consultants Can Do For You
- In-hospital consultations.
- Outpatient consultations/services.
- Breastfeeding classes.
- Special attention to intensive care babies and their families.
- Assistance with breastfeeding multiples and other special situations.
What a Lactation Consultation Includes
- Support your choice to breast feed.
- Teach techniques for a successful nursing experience.
- Help you feel confident about nursing.
- Answer questions completely with the most current information.
- Be someone who you can trust and respect for breastfeeding advice.
- Follow up with you about your nursing experience.
Types of Consultations Available
- Observing your baby breastfeeding.
- Evaluating any breastfeeding problems.
- Making suggestions for resolving any difficulties.
- Assessing infant weight gain.
- Pump instruction.
- Brief phone consultations.
- Lactation clinic.
- One-hour private consultation.