Women's heart care at:
For online appointments:
Women's Heart Attack Warning Signs
Are You Women's Heart Smart?
Knowing the warning signs of a heart attack for women is critical.
Heart attack symptoms for women may include:
- Chest pain or indigestion like discomfort that.
- Is unrelieved by rest or a change in position.
- Moves to shoulders, arms, neck, jaw or back.
- Produces pressure or a squeezing sensation that is either constant or intermittent.
- Unexplained shortness of breath - with or without chest discomfort.
- Heart palpitations or abnormally weak and/or rapid pulse.
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting or a sick stomach.
- Gray facial color.
Additional heart attack symptoms common in women:
Although chest pain is the most common symptom of a women's heart attack, women often experience vague chest discomfort frequently described as pressure, burning, tightness or an ache.
- Shortness of breath.
- Shoulder blade pain.
- Change in migraine pattern, migraine with aura.
If you (or another woman) experiences these heart attack warning signs for women, don't wait. Get help fast. Seek medical attention immediately by calling your doctor or dial 9-1-1.