For appointments & directions:
More cardiac rehabilitation programs:
MemorialCare is proud to offer cardiac rehabilitation to help heart care patients recover quickly and to return to doing the things they love. Our cardiac rehabilitation centers will help you improve your overall physical, mental and social functions. The goal of cardiac rehabilitation is to instill lifestyle changes that stabilize, slow or even reverse the progress of cardiovascular disease.
Cardiac Rehabilitation is a physician-prescribed, hospital-based, EKG-monitored exercise program consisting of three phases
Cardiac rehabilitation may Include:
- Counseling on how to manage the disease process.
- Beginning an exercise program.
- Counseling on nutrition.
- Modifying risk factors including high blood pressure, smoking, high cholesterol, physical inactivity, obesity and diabetes.
- Providing vocational guidance to enable patients to return to work.
- Supplying information on physical limitations.
- Lending emotional support.
- Counseling on appropriate use of prescribed medications.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Supports the following Conditions:
Cardiac Rehabilitation Service Attributes
- Designed to provide individual support and counseling on a level that is recognized and appreciated by participants.
- Entire staff is Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certified.
- Nurses are Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified.
Getting Started with Cardiac Rehabilitation
Cardiac rehabilitation patients must have a physician's referral to begin the cardiac rehabilitation program. Most insurance carriers will provide coverage for cardiac rehabilitation.