Your Guide to the Right Care
Take the time to understand the benefits covered under each health plan during open enrollment.
- Will you be able to see your physician of choice?
- Is your preferred local hospital contracted with your new health plan?
- Are they part of an integrated health system that provides patients with quality care and convenient access to sophisticated technology and advanced treatments?
What Medicare Advantage Offers You
If you are eligible for Medicare, consider a Medicare Advantage Plan that provides enhanced services over traditional Medicare. Most plans offer:
- Minimal or no co-pays for physician visits.
- No monthly health plan premiums.
- No annual health plan deductibles.
- Hospitalization covered at a substantial savings.
- Enhanced prescription drug program included at no additional cost.
- Coverage for urgent and emergency care outside of the United States – very important if you like to travel abroad.
Learn more about Medicare at medicare.gov.
What a Health System Offers You
Choosing care from a health system helps:
- Ensure the clinicians treating you – whether they are in a primary care physician’s office, a specialist’s office or a hospital – have shared access through electronic medical records to information about your most recent diagnosis, allergies and tests.
- Streamlines your care to better manage chronic conditions and avoid the unnecessary duplication of tests.
MemorialCare Health System is associated with many leading medical groups in Los Angeles and Orange counties.
What to Look for in a Primary Care Physician
Find a doctor who:
- Takes time to listen to you.
- Answers your questions.
- Is someone with whom you feel comfortable.
Choose the Right Physician for You
Find a leading doctor to give you the care and attention you deserve.
- Find a Doctor
- Call: 1-888-848-WELL (888-848-9355)
Our specialists are available to help you Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Remember, you do have a choice. Open enrollment is the perfect time to choose well.