If you are over the age of 65 years old and are a U.S. citizen you may be able to enroll in Medicare. Take a quick estimate to find out when you can enroll. The health benefits exchange does not include Medicare as it is a different government program.
How to enroll in Medicare Plan
There are two ways to enroll in Medicare:
- You may obtain coverage by enrolling on the government site for Medicare. Original Medicare provides you with Part A (hospital insurance) and Part B (medical insurance).
- Visit medicare.gov
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You may obtain coverage by enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan through a private health insurance company that contracts with Medicare to provide you with Part A (hospital insurance), Part B (medical insurance), Part C (additional coverage similar to HMO or PPO with low or no copays) and Part D (prescription drug coverage) benefits. Learn more
Select a private insurance company that offers Medicare Advantage Plans such as:
What Medicare Advantage Offers You
If you are eligible for Medicare, consider a Medicare Advantage Plan that provides enhanced services over traditional Medicare. Most plans offer:
- Minimal or no co-pays for physician visits.
- No monthly health plan premiums.
- No annual health plan deductibles.
- Hospitalization covered at a substantial savings.
- Enhanced prescription drug program included at no additional cost.
- Coverage for urgent and emergency care outside of the United States – very important if you like to travel abroad.
Whichever plan you choose, ensure that it allows you access to the primary care physicians and hospitals you prefer.
Call 1-888-848-WELL (1-888-848-9355) between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday to speak to one of our advisors about Medicare or Medicare Advantage plans.
Find a Primary Care Physician
Let us help you choose a great physician affiliated with MemorialCare Health System.
Find a Hospital
MemorialCare hospitals accept Medicare and many Medicare Advantage plans: