Is your individual plan changing or being cancelled?
Starting in 2014, most health insurance companies that offer private individual and/or family plans are changing their plans, rights, protections and coverage. If you were previously enrolled in a private individual and/or family plan you may fall in one of two situations:
- Your plan will change to include more comprehensive coverage as mandated by the ACA.
- Your plan will be cancelled. If your plan was cancelled you are still guaranteed coverage by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Select a new plan either through a private health insurance company or through Covered California Health Benefits Exchange.
How to enroll in an individual plan
If you are seeking coverage by a private plan, also known as a commercial plan, you, or you and your family have two options:
- You may obtain coverage by enrolling in a plan by a private health insurance company or agent.
Select a private insurance company that offers individual and/or family plans such as:
- You may obtain coverage by enrolling through a private insurance company that offers a health benefits exchange plan, such as Anthem Blue Cross. Or you may obtain coverage by enrolling in a plan through the Covered California Health Benefits Exchange.
Whichever plan you choose, ensure that it allows you access to the primary care physicians and hospitals you prefer.
- Call 1-888-848-WELL (1-888-848-9355) to speak to one of our advisors about individual or family plans.
- View a list of accepted plans at our hospitals and medical groups – MemorialCare Medical Group and Greater Newport Physicians.
Find a Primary Care Physician
Let us help you choose a great physician affiliated with MemorialCare Health System.
Find a Hospital
MemorialCare hospitals accept many individual and Covered California Plans: