Dr. Rex Winters is the medical director of invasive cardiology at the Memorial Care Heart and Vascular Institute (MHVI). Board Certified in internal medicine, cardiology and interventional cardiology, Dr. Winters centers his practice on both inpatient and outpatient care while encompassing the diagnosis and treatment of coronary and peripheral vascular diseases.
The scope of his outpatient practice includes comprehensive consultation, echocardiography, treadmill stress testing and nuclear stress testing. His special interests include therapeutic procedures using catheter-based techniques, cardiac catheterization, balloon angioplasty, stent placement and radiofrequency ablation.
This physician is a member of MemorialCare Physician Society which drives clinical outcomes and performance for MemorialCare Health System.
This physician uses an electronic medical record system.
This physician uses myMemorialCare to access and store patient health information via the Epic ambulatory electronic medical record system. Patients of this practice may also securely view their health information online via myMemorialCare (MyChart), Epic’s patient portal.
- Interventional Cardiology
- Carotid Angioplasty & Stenting
- Catheter Ablation
- Coronary Angioplasty and Stenting (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention)
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) or Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (SICD)
- Lead Placement, Extractions & Replacement
- Pacemaker Implant
- Peripheral Angioplasty & Stenting