- Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease
Dr. Mortara grew up in Honolulu, Hawaii where she graduated from the University of Hawaii, John A. Burns School of Medicine. She then came to Southern California and completed her Internal Medicine Residency at the St. Mary Medical Center-UCLA program where she was selected as Chief Resident her final year. Dr. Mortara then went on to a Fellowship in Infectious Diseases at Harbor-UCLA. She has been in private practice in Long Beach for over 18 years prior to joining MemorialCare Medical Group. She has been honored as as Top Doctor in her field in 1999 and 2010.
- Do you know how important it is to have a living will and advance directives?
- Dr. Laurie Mortara, MD answers your questions about a Living Will such as:
- Are living wills just for older adults?
- Does one need a living will and a medical power of attorney?
- Is it important to talk about your wishes with your family and/or friends?
- How do you make a living will/advance directives?
These questions and more are answered here on your Weekly Dose of Wellness.