According to the American Heart Association, heart attack prevention should begin by age 20. To prevent cardiovascular disease monitoring your risk factors is key.
Seven Ways to Keep Your Heart Healthy:
- Get Active - Aerobic exercise strengthens your heart. Aim for 30 minutes, 5-days-a-week.
- Control Cholesterol - Limit foods high in cholesterol, saturated fat and trans fats.
Have your cholesterol checked at MemorialCare HealthExpress.
- Eat Better - Choose a balanced diet, with an emphasis on fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Manage Blood Pressure - By exercising, eating right, not smoking, limiting salt and alcohol.
Free blood pressure screening at MemorialCare HealthExpress.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight - Set your diet and exercise goals today! Try a mobile app such as Daily Burn.
- Reduce Blood Sugar - Manage your diabetes by following your doctor's recommendations. Take a risk assessment for diabetes.
Have your blood sugar level checked at MemorialCare HealthExpress.
- Stop Smoking - We can help you quit.
SOURCE: Life's Simple 7 by the American Heart Association